Replacing Heater Core. Amis
h Electric Fireplace Heater
Replacing Heater Core
- A finned unit located in the passenger compartment and through which coolant from the engine flows to heat the unit. A fan blows air over the unit to heat the passenger compartment
- A heater core is a radiator-like device used in heating the cabin of a vehicle. Hot coolant from the vehicle's engine is passed through a winding tube of the core, a heat exchanger between coolant and cabin air.
- The heater core is a miniature radiator that sits in the dashboard area. When the heater is turned on, it opens the heater valve which lets hot coolant into the heater core, which then warms the air coming into the vehicle's interior.
- Provide or find a substitute for (something that is broken, old, or inoperative)
- (replace) supplant: take the place or move into the position of; "Smith replaced Miller as CEO after Miller left"; "the computer has supplanted the slide rule"; "Mary replaced Susan as the team's captain and the highest-ranked player in the school"
- Take the place of
- Fill the role of (someone or something) with a substitute
- (replace) substitute a person or thing for (another that is broken or inefficient or lost or no longer working or yielding what is expected); "He replaced the old razor blade"; "We need to replace the secretary that left a month ago"; "the insurance will replace the lost income"; "This antique
- replacement: the act of furnishing an equivalent person or thing in the place of another; "replacing the star will not be easy"
Heater core coolant leak
The heater core is exposed, the part not visible in earlier photos taken through the fan opening. This corner is very wet with cooant leakage. The shroud shows coolant spray. I haven't turned the engine on to see if there is a spraying leak because i have disconnected the battery, the ECM, and some of the harness connections. I shall trust the thing needs to be replaced.
Heater box split open
Split the box open thinking I needed to do so to replace the heater core. Turns out it was not so. Not fun reuniting the two halves.
See also: do tankless water heaters work roger sanders waste oil heater profi pond heater general electric water heater menards tankless water heater quartz space heater reddy heater parts list
- (月) 17:52:51|
- Category: None